It’s Monday and isn’t that great?
I hear clients talking about Monday blues and Monday boo hoos.
Do you ever have those…Monday blues?
Make you want to yell and scream Mondays?
Yeah, been there myself.
The way you approach the start of your week (whatever day that may be) – what you tell yourself about it – how you practice self-talk – and what provisions you make for Monday muck…will set the tone for anything that greets your Monday in a magnificent or manic way.
Here are some ways to retune your Monday – and sing an upbeat Monday tune.
- Get up 15 minutes earlier and do something relaxing and/or fun.
- Take a walk and spend some time in nature – in the middle of your day.
- Write a happy note to yourself – and then read it next Monday. Repeat.
- Wear your favorite [insert clothing item] on Monday.
- Take a dance break – and rock out to your favorite song.
- Create a new holiday each Monday. Celebrate it. It only needs to make sense to you.
- Go to lunch with someone who is awesome – on Monday.
- Add some fresh flowers to your work space or living area.
- Go on a “complaining fast”. If you get through your Monday without complaining – reward yourself.
- Take at least 2 minutes to skip (yes skip!) on Monday.
Let me know what other things you’d add to the list!