Autumn is here!
With my family living in California, right now it’s not the temperatures that signal the arrival of autumn. The fall colored foliage, crisp leaves, and chilly breezes have not quite arrived.
Many of us are wondering when we can comfortably start wearing chunky sweaters, rocking our boots, and practicing hygge?
But before that fashion shift happens, there is an internal and mental shift that follows autumn into our lives, calendars, and mindset.
Autumn signals a quiet interval where many of us breathe a bit easier because another fun summer has come and gone, kids are back in school, and many of settle into a schedule of comfort and reduction.
And along with this – there, looming in our minds is the arrival of the holiday season and the finality of another calendar year.
Whatever you’re thinking and however you approaching this autumn season, take some time to reflect.
Use some or all of these questions to guide you. You do not have to go in order; you can pick and choose.
Suggested reflection format:
- Audio journal (on your phone or another recording device)
- Morning warm up discussion (alone, with a partner, as a family, or with your bold crew)
- Evening wind down discussion (alone, with a partner, as a family, or with your bold crew)
- Put the questions in a bowl – and pull out one each day or one per week
- Combination of any of the suggestion formats
- When are you most gentle with yourself?
- How do you spend time loving your life?
- With whom do you spend time loving your life?
- How do you positively acknowledge the fruits of your labor?
- How do you focus on the things that have served you?
- Who are the people who nurtured you?
- Who/What has brought you the most joy, this year?
- What do you appreciate about your strengths?
- How do you celebrate all the things that are going well for you?
Use this Autumn Reflection wheel to capture your thoughts.
Bold tools in action. Get the support you need and deserve.