"Rabbit rabbit rabbit" is a superstition found in Britain and North America wherein a person says or repeats the words "rabbit", "rabbits" and/or "white rabbits" aloud upon waking on the first day of a month, to ensure good luck for the rest of it. -Wikipedia
What feels exciting to you about this new month?
The month of May is supposedly named after the goddess Maia.
Maia was known as a nurturer and embodied the concept of growth.
Often when people think about growth, they feel excited about the newness.
They also feel intimidated about the amount of energy needed or required to fully embrace growth and change.
If you need a boost to your energy, here are five things you can do during the month of May:
1. Make a list of the things that zapped your energy during the month of April. Why a list? To help you remember the things you may want to omit or avoid as you work on your growth. Keep this list handy as a support tool and reminder. Post it in an area you frequent or keep it on one of your mobile devices you use daily.
2. Lighten up. Let go of things, projects, and relationships that no longer serve you. It is okay for you to want relief and peace so your energy is not constantly depleted. You are allowed to lighten up your daily life without feeling guilty.
3. Seek feedback on things that are confusing and hard for you. Many of us are fearful of feedback. We worry about what others may think, say, or feel about us. This is normal - so no need to let worry take over. Ask for feedback from your biggest supporters and people you trust. Ask them where they observe you undervaluing yourself and where they see you expending unnecessary energy?
4. Write a letter of apology to yourself. Take time to apologize for the times and ways you didn't honor yourself during the month of April. In your letter, focus on gaining clarity on mental cracks that are keeping your small or stuck. Be self-compassionate while you write your letter. This will help you lighten up (see #2).
5. Write in your journal (digital or hard copy). Write your top 3 goals for the month of May. (Yes, stick to 3!) For each goal, write 3 specific action items. Schedule these action items on your actual calendar. After the action items are scheduled, review item #3, and then secure the appropriate resources to make your action items a reality. Go gentle with this process as you focus on your energy and growth.
How do you want to focus your energy for the month of May?