Whenever I teach a creativity workshop, participants always wonder
how they can add more creativity activities to their already busy schedule?
I also struggle with this because caregiving takes up a huge chunk of my daily schedule.
Here are my top suggestions for making more time and space to do something creative each day.
1. Use the beautiful journals you've been waiting to use. The time is now.
2. Give yourself 5-to-10 minutes to journal, collage, paint, or color – when you wake up - before the distractions start.
3. Set a daily "time to create reminder" on your phone. Honor this time when your timer/reminder goes off.
4. Use prompts or inspirational card decks to support your journaling and creative projects.
[check out these card decks]
5. Write and doodle about whatever is on your mind - without editing yourself.
6. Use washi tape and stickers to boost your creativity in your journal.
7. Create mini-vision boards, collages, and mood boards on the pages of your journal.
8. Compose themed lists in your journal or through collaging – to keep things fun, simple, and upbeat
(i.e. books to read, favorite words, shows to binge watch, places to visit, weekly accomplishments, etc.).
How do you make time to be creative?
What are your favorite creativity tools?
What type of creative activities did you engage in today?