This week has been filled with a lot of upheaval and change for me.
I imagine a lot of us have been feeling that way.
So much information coming at us – and it’s hard to know what to believe.
Plus, the stuff that we should believe feels very unbelievable.
And yet, here we are.
Anytime I’m feeling stuck, off kilter, or disappointed – I turn to my journal and my creativity.
I also assess my surroundings.
My surroundings include my family, the information I’m consuming, my friends, negative thoughts, and space in my home.
I treat my home as a sanctuary and a retreat so I can feel happy, whole, and bold.
This week I have focused on enhancing my inner wellness by using scents to boost my mood and energy.
As I mentioned during the holiday season, I love essential oils.
My mother-in-law taught me a lot about them when she lived with us in Colorado.
I had time this week to tinker with some of my favorite scents and I created a calming room spray.
Hopefully you have some oils or bath salts on hand so you can create your own.
Just combine your favorite essential oils with distilled water – and you’re ready to spray some calm into your home, office, or anywhere you need it.
What do you do to enhance your physical and mental well-being?
What are your favorite scents or essential oils?
Kanesha’s Calming Room Spray
- Spray bottle (You probably already have one. Check your cabinets – way in the back.)
- Fill the bottle with 2-to-4 oz of distilled water (using regular water is just fine)
- Add 70-to-100 drops of essential oils of your choice (number of drops determine the intensity of the secret)
- 20 drops fresh ginger essential oil
- 50 drops lavender essential oil
- 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil