How are you doing?
Many of us are feeling so much upheaval right now.
Stress is high.
Nerves are frayed.
Patience is decreasing.
Tensions are increasing.
I had a client reach out to me and say, "I am running on fumes and I've been at this for too long. I know I need to rest, but I feel bad when I'm not doing anything. How can I stop expecting so much from myself all the time?"
Does this sound relatable?
Anytime I’m feeling stuck, off kilter, or drained – I turn to my journal and my creativity.
I also assess my surroundings.
My surroundings include my family, the information I’m consuming, my friends, negative thoughts, and space in my home.
I treat my home as a sanctuary and a retreat so I can feel happy, whole, and bold.
This week I have focused on enhancing my inner wellness by using scents to boost my mood and energy.
I love essential oils - and I've created some wellness rituals that incorporate various scents.
✔️Kanesha’s Calming Room Spray
• Spray bottle (You probably already have one. Check your cabinets – way in the back.)
• Fill the bottle with 2-to-4 oz of distilled water (using regular water is just fine)
• Add 70-to-100 drops of essential oils of your choice (number of drops determine the intensity of the secret)
• 20 drops fresh ginger essential oil
• 50 drops lavender essential oil
• 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil
• 5-to-10 minutes journaling based on the intention you set for the day
• Fill diffuser with relaxing scents (e.g. lavender, cedarwood, or bergamot)
• Dry brushing
• Shower with peppermint or eucalyptus scents
• 20-to-60 minutes of yoga
• Listen to a relaxing playlist
• 5-to-10 minutes to write a personal accomplishment statement
• Dab a little peppermint and rosemary essential oil on your pulse points
• Create a small collage with motivational images (digital or hard copy)
• Mono-task (do one thing) for up to 20 minutes
• Stretch your body
• Mono-task for up to 20 minutes
• Do nothing for at least 30 minutes
How are you taking care of yourself right now?
Are you relaxing?
Are you giving yourself time to refuel?