My inbox is currently full with workshop requests, interviews, and coaching support dealing with:
• Sending kids to college
• Having kids do college at home
• Keep ourselves healthy and safe
• Decision making fatigue
• Feeling drained due to so much emotional labor output
Many of us are under unusual pressure these days.
I think about the support teens need right now - and then I calculate that need going up at least 30%.
This can show up for us and teens through
• lack of confidence
• low productivity
• exhaustion due to managing expectations
There are a lot of conflicting messages - even when everyone is trying to have the best intentions.
This is why I find daily love notes (affirmations) to be so powerful, nurturing, and reassuring.
All of us can benefit from a healthy dose of self-love every day. And for our teens, it might be even more beneficial.
Through excellent self-care, being true to your values, and using affirmations to support teens' self-esteem, you can create self-talk reminders that help you cope with difficult situations and challenging moments.
Here are some tips for writing daily love notes/affirmations:
1. Call out or challenge negative beliefs.
2. Write in the present tense.
3. Keep it short, simple, and specific.
4. Saying "I love you" goes a long way.
5. Be sincere, loving, and supportive in your message.
I've put together a list of 30 affirmations to provide bold, joyful, and empowering messages.
Are you creating affirmations for this upcoming week?
Is there a theme you're noticing?